Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Caveat Emptor



These are some portraits I made on Halloween at the U of O. I'm not sure what I think of them yet. They don't really look like the rest of my work, and that's one thing I like about them. My main criticism is that they seem too posed. But I didn't pose them. I said, "Can I take your photograph?" then "Stand over there," and that was it. When you ask for a portrait the first (and usually only) question people ask is "What for?" Halloween provides an easy answer, but now I need one for everyday scenes. And it can't be "because you look interesting and I'd like to explore that..."

One woman agreed to her portrait but with the caveat, "As long as it doesn't wind up on the web or something." To that woman, if you see this posting, I'm sorry about that. Email me for a free print.

No comments: